Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Thief Steals Saab, iPod--Guess Which Was Worth More!

Springfield, MO—A local college student thought he could handle the fact that his 1989 Saab 900 was stolen over the weekend, until he realized that the 30 gigabyte video iPod in the glove compartment was worth more than three times the present value of his car!

Music major Geoff Coleman was headed off to band practice when he noticed that his car was missing from its assigned space in the dorm garage. "At first, I thought someone was playing a joke on me. I just couldn’t believe that anyone would want to steal a seventeen year-old Saab with over 200K on the odometer!"

When Coleman realized that the car had actually been stolen, the first thing he thought about was his iPod. "I tossed it in the glove compartment right after class. I almost never do that."

Coleman’s mood became even more foul, however, when he started to add up how much money he had spent downloading music onto his Apple iPod over the last few months. "I guess I went pretty crazy when first I got it. I must have downloaded close to a hundred CDs from iTunes so far."

"That is well over a grand in music alone," figures Coleman. "If you add in the cost of replacing the iPod, that is almost three times more than the five hundred bucks I paid my friend when I bought his Saab last summer!"

Coleman’s bad luck streak started two months ago when the hard drive on his computer went out. "I still haven’t fixed it yet, and have just been borrowing my girlfriend's laptop."

"The worst part is that I never bothered to make any back-ups of my music," said Coleman.

"Pretty stupid, huh?"


No comments: